ESF offers competitive compensation, accredited internships and field work hours for graduate and undergraduate students, CEU credits for teachers, flexible schedules, year-round aftercare, mentoring opportunities and an employee referral program consisting of bonuses and ESF gear!
A Production Assistant is responsible for critical behind-the-scenes tasks associated with daily camp operations.
ESF is hiring motivated leaders with prior experience supervising children who believe in ESF’s mission, build positive relationships and ensure the well-being of others.
Position Scope Factors:
Production Assistant hours are from 8:00am-4:00pm; Monday – Friday. Start and end times may vary depending on the location and camp. Depending on the location, Production Assistants work up to ten (10) consecutive weeks from mid-June through mid-August.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform daily operations and logistics support across all camp programs
- Help to ensure that camp facilities are clean, organized and well-maintained
- Daily set-up and break down of equipment
- Assist with various responsibilities including: camper pick-up and drop-off, late camper arrivals, lunch, water, snack delivery and camp supplies
- Maintain and prepare snack and supply inventory
- Ensure compliance with ESF golf cart safety guidelines
- Work effectively with co-workers and collaborate on various responsibilities
- Complete paperwork as assigned
- Exhibit ESF core values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
- Have fun
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Position Competencies for Success:
- Understand and support the mission of the organization
- Commit to the growth and development of youth
- Work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills; using clear, concise and professional language when interacting with campers, camp families and colleagues
- Be responsible, reliable and safe
- Always have a positive, can-do attitude
- Be patient, caring and creative
- Produce consistent, high-quality work
- Demonstrate excellent judgment; identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
- Be a flexible, adaptive and a team player
- Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
- Previous work experience preferred
- Minimum of sixteen (16) years of age
- Valid driver’s license or permit required
- Minimum High School student
- Reports directly to the Site Director.
Essential Job Functions - Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds across campus
- Work outside, upright and mobile for six (6) to eight (8) hours per day
- Respond to emergency situations which may include running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and ascending stairs without undue exertion
- Possess physical capacity to fulfill all essential job functions – responsibilities listed above
This job description is subject to change at any time.