With over 450 million LinkedIn users — two new users per second — it is increasingly important to "Be Unique." Sandra highlighted the importance of having a LinkedIn personal profile that creates an authentic, unique impression for you and your brand.
"Be that orange fish in an ocean filled with blue fish."
How can you stand out?
- Professional Expertise - be specific
- Highlight Your Personal Qualities - demonstrate your personality, vision, values and attitude in your profile summary.
- use action verbs in your experience
- outline education, courses and certifications
- include publications, patents, projects, organizations and volunteering
- write a compelling summary and headlines
- use language and keywords that are relevant for search engines
- utilize compelling images and videos
- list recommendations and endorsements
- Be Memorable -
- have a good headshot !
- summary and headline - use keywords for better search results, language, images and video that demonstrate brand
- use compelling action verbs and write your profile in first person
- use a banner image that re-enforces your brand
- Be a Thought Leader -
- share, publish, blog and include slideshow presentations
Interested in learning more? Here are some videos from our meeting:
"Online Impressions" from "LinkedIn for Personal Branding"
Personas for Your LinkedIn Profile Summary
Also, Sandra's new book; LinkedIn for Personal Branding: The Ultimate Guide is now available on Amazon!
Comments or suggestions? We would love to hear from you... please comment below!